The Monster Manual describes the Banshee as “the undead remnants of elves who, blessed with great beauty, failed to use their gift to bring joy to the world. Instead, they used their beauty to corrupt and control others. Elves afflicted by the banshee’s curse experience know no gladness, feeling only distress in the presence of the living. As the curse takes its toll, their minds and bodies decay until death completes their transformation into undead monsters.”
- Get our DM’s notes and print-ready maps for the Banshee encounter
We are joined this episode by writer and conservationist Orla ní Dhúill.
Orla is an Irish writer and professional tree botherer bouncing between Dublin and an island off the west coast of Ireland where she can stand on sea cliffs and scream to her heart’s content. She is the creator of best-selling DMs Guild adventure Murder on the Eberron Express and a contributor to 2c Gaming’s TPK Bestiary Vol 2.
- “Song of the Banshee” by Aine Minogue
- “Virtutes Vocis” and “Virtutes Instrumenti” by Kevin MacLeod
- “The Path of the Goblin King” by Kevin MacLeod
- “See You Soon” by Borrtex
- “Hero Down” by Kevin MacLeod
- “Blizzard” by Kai Engel
- “Capital City” by Sebastian Anus
Kill Every Monster is a 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons podcast. In each episode we are joined by a guest to discuss the lore, mechanics, and story potential of classic D&D creatures. We debate tactics for maximizing these creatures in your game, and we ask the ever-important question: are they really a monster?